Attached at the Hip - Christine Riccio | BOOK REVIEW

 Thank you Wednesday Books for sending me a digital ARC of this book! 

MY RATING: ★★★★★ STARS

Confession: I've never seen a single episode of Survivor but this book has now just managed to fully convince me that I could jump on the Survivor bandwagon in a heartbeat because what the actual heck was that?! If I could sum this book up in just one word it would be: unputdownable. Because that's the only way to describe a book that you start reading in the afternoon - break for a few hours to meet up with a friend - and then immediately pick it up again early the next morning, breaking only for lunch, until you've read the very last page.

Attached at the Hip follows twenty-three year old Orie Lennox who feels kind of lost in life and decides to sign up for the survival-gameshow Survivor. Orrie gets cast for the show, not knowing that the show is actually a dating-show-esque spin-off of Survivor called - you guessed it! - Attached at the Hip, where she starts the journey off attached to the hip with an eight-foot-rope to her old high-school crush Remy. The contestants of the show have to go through a series of high-stakes challenges, forming alliances and exploring romantic options with the different contestants all with the looming backdrop of possibly winning one million dollars. 

Without getting into any spoilers I will say that I absolutely cherished all of the characters in this novel. Orrie, Remy, Osprey and Kennedi were all characters who were very complex and really grew beyond their role as gameshow contestants. Osprey especially holds a very fond place in my heart. 

The gameshow concept was something I'd never read before and really kept me on my toes. It was exciting to root for both the romance to unfold as well as Orrie winning the price money. It was especially when those two things collided that I felt most at the edge of my seat. The relationship "twist" was something I also didn't see coming and I ended up very strongly rooting for the romance. 

Overall, this book was an absolute delight to read! Definitely the best of all three of Christine's books. I very much look forward to buying my physical copy of this book when it comes out on May 21st this year. 

0 Comments