Passenger by Alexandra Bracken was incredibly boring | BOOK REVIEW

My rating: 2/5 stars

I was so excited to read Passenger, that it was a huge letdown when it turned out to just be...meh. This book had been sitting on my TBR list for over 7 years, and so the expectations were quite high. Turns out, I should have believed the average 3-star review on Goodreads to tip me off about how boring this book was.

On the surface, Passenger has a really interesting lore. Travellers who can jump through different points in time? Sign me up! But this book just fell so incredible flat. For starters, both Etta and Nicholar were very boring characters with barely any personality. The only thing I can remember about them now a day later is that Etta liked playing the violin and that Nicholas was African-American. No interesting character quirks or their likes/dislikes have stayed in my mind. 

The thing that I did appreciate was that Alexandra Bracken tried to dig into deeper topics of systemic racism and sexism in the past. I wish we would have seen that go a bit deeper than just Etta punching that one guy for being racist.

Overall, this book was just meh, which is why it gets two stars from me. 

0 Comments