The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller | * BOOK REVIEW *



My rating: 4.5 stars

Ever since The Song of Achilles started getting a lot of hype on the internet, I decided that I was going to have incredibly high hopes for this book, and I am glad to say that it did not disappoint! Firstly, I absolutely adore Greek mythology. The setting, the religious and social dynamics and the aesthetics are all just a few reasons why I love reading it! 

The romance between Achilles and Patroclus was definitely my favorite part of this book, which made me really savour those intimate chapters between the two of them. It really was an incredibly bittersweet, tragic story which admittedly, I did see coming but somehow I still was shocked when all the tragedy began to unfold in the end. 

I also really loved Miller's writing, which was able to both encapsulate the beauty and vast detaildness of the beauty of the setting while not becoming too flowery and heavy on the details. I definitely look forward to reading Circe in the upcoming future! 

0 Comments