The Star-Touched Queen by Roshani Chokshi | * book review *

Overall rating: 8/10

"What I wanted was a connection, a shared heartbeat that kept rhythm across oceans and worlds." 

The Star-Touched Queen had been sitting on my TBR shelf for a few years now and I gotta say, I was a bit nervous when I began reading. Death and Night - a short novella set in the same universe that I read a few years back - was absolutely phenomenal and took my breath away by how much I loved it. I was anxious that this main work wouldn't be quite as engrossing. Luckily, I really loved The Star-Touched Queen

It was absolutely beautifully written, and I also really loved the romance between Maya and Amar. They are no perfect couple by any means, but I'm a huge sucker for the whole love that spans across reincarnation lives. I also just absolutely loved the Otherworld and the Night Bazaar. The world was so colorful and magically described and in general, it was just great reading a book with Indian culture and mythology/religious elements. 

I actually am not sure what the second book will be about, since this could have simply been a standalone novel in the way that it wrapped up the story pretty perfectly. Definitely a great read! 

0 Comments