Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi


6/10

For some reason, this book kind of pissed me off, in particular Juliette and the way she was acting all the time. I understand that Unravel Me was supposed to show her growth into her power and her accepting herself yada yada, but she was just so annoying. She was all self-righteous and high and mighty at Omega Point, causing wreak and havoc everywhere she goes, and then ends up always playing the victim card because waah waah I’m a monster. Ugh *eyeroll*.

In all seriousness, it was really cool to see Omega Point from a larger scale than in the first book. My only complaint is that I wish we would have been able to see more action happening. Most of the drama was a result of Juliette and her pining for Adam, as well as the extra spice that Warner caused. In my previous review, I did state that Warner is an absolute toxic person. I still stand by that statement, but I do find myself having a slight chance of heart towards him. He is clearly a damaged soul, but I do think that his love for Juliette – however wrongly acted upon – is genuine. I hope that we will see more character growth from him.

The best part of this book was undoubtedly Kenji. He was such a sweet, bright light in this book amongst all of the angst. He must be protected at all costs.

0 Comments