Restore Me (Tahereh Mafi) Is Better Than the Entire First Shatter Me Trilogy | BOOK REVIEW


7.5/10 stars

Considering that Ignite Me – the final book of the first trilogy in this world – was kind of a disappointment for me – I was really surprised by how much I enjoyed this start to the new trilogy. The plot was quite gripping and I liked how some quite complex topics were part of the narrative, in particular Warner’s emotions and coming to terms with his father’s death, as well as Juliette’s ability to lead a country. In my previous review, I mentioned the fact that I found Juliette to be completely incapable of being a leader – her age and inexperience making up the bulk of that reason – and I was really happy that this issue was actually tackled and analyzed from a more thoughtful position. The few twists and turns of this book also really did take me by surprise, unlike some of the bigger reveals of the previous books.

Furthermore, Tahereh Mafi’s writing is a lot more mature in this book. It’s obvious that over the years, her writing has grown and gotten a lot better, which probably also added to my overall enjoyment of this book.

There’s not really much else to say, except that I also really loved how Warner and Kenji began their own friendship. I genuinely hope that the two of them will eventually be real friends. The book also ended with a real cliffhanger, which genuinely made my jaw drop open. I really can’t wait to read what happens next!

0 Comments