The Burning Shadow by Jennifer L. Armentrout


Warning, spoilers!

My rating: 7/10

This book was actually really exciting! I do feel a great sense of satisfaction is having guessed some of the plot twists, especially in regards to Evie and her mutating.

It was definitely super creepy to begin to find out what is actually happening with Evie, and to be honest, I don’t really have a damn clue how they’re going to be able to get a happy ever after after finding out what we did in this book. I hope that Evie manages to figure out a way to control herself, but I’m kind of worried that a lot of bad shit will have to go down before that happens.

It was really sweet to see Daemon, Kat, Dee, Dawson, Beth and Archer again. I actually will say though – and this is probably a reaaally unpopular opinion – that I’m finding myself a lot more attached to Evie and Luc. But I was really great to see where they are all at in life and seeing them all somewhat involved in the plot of this series. Overall though, I am kind of sick of seeing couples barely into their twenties ending up having kids (I’m looking at YOU Kat!). I know they are the OTP pair of the series and everyone loves them, but why do soo many OTP couples have to end up getting married and having kids young?

Luc and Evie were adorable together again, just like in the first book. It was nice to see their relationship progress, although I do still feel like it is still a bit over-the-top at times. Although Luc has known Evie/Nadia for much longer, their relationship as Evie/Luc has only just recently begun to develop and they are already making huge love declarations to each other which sometimes make me roll my eyes just a tiny bit. But speaking of their relationship, it was so nice to see some representation of couples getting into some sexy time without instantly jumping into full-on sex, which is often done in media. Also, I really appreciate that Evie isn’t a virgin in this series. It’s really refreshing to not have the main female protagonist of a YA novel lose her virginity in a book considering how overdone that is, so kudos!

 

0 Comments