The Brightest Night by Jennifer L. Armentrout


Warning, spoilers ahead!

My rating: 5/10 stars

I was slightly disappointed with The Brightest Night to be honest. Sadly, not much happened in the first 80 percent of this book, and then only in the last couple of chapters is when about 80 percent of the plot was revealed and when all of the action happened. What I also liked a lot about the first two books in this series was that they took place in a “normal” high school setting, where Evie had to juggle school life, friends, as well as figuring out her alien past. This book was a lot like the final two Lux books, which were heavy on Daedalus, hybrids, being in hiding, fighting and revolutions. Since that series already dealt so heavily in its plot with Daedalus and fighting them, I was originally quite pleased that this series took a bit of a different turn, but it turns out that now it’s heading in the same direction.

Evie and Luc were still both quite a cute couple, however there was a lot of sappy romance and too many over-the-top love declarations in this book for my taste. While I understand that Luc has loved Evie for a long time, they are still teenagers and have only been a couple for a few weeks. Just like it did with Kat and Daemon, it just felt like too much.

Kat having her baby was really sweet to see. For a second, I was genuinely concerned that she wouldn’t survive, but I then I thought that JLA wouldn’t likely kill of her beloved main character of her most popular series,  so I wasn’t too worried.  

There’s not really much else so say, except that I hope that the next book will be a bit more exciting.

0 Comments