The Darkest Star by Jennifer L. Armentrout


Warning, spoilers!

My rating: 6/10 stars

This book was alright, to be honest. I will say that I did enjoy it slightly more than the last book in the Lux series, but it still wasn’t like wow for me.

Evie was a really nice protagonist, though. Already from the beginning, when she met Luc in the nightclub, I could already tell that something was off, and that there must have been a reason why Luc was acting so familiar with her. To be honest, although I was expecting her to have some kind of connection to Nadia, I didn’t actually think she was going to be Nadia. But now, retrospectively thinking about it, I should have seen it coming a bit more.

Maybe it’s just me though, but the whole reveal about her personality could have been dragged on for a teeny tiny bit longer, maybe just even to the end of this book. I kind of felt like when Sylvia told her everything, it just felt kind of like a random info-dump, rather than Evie figuring things out herself and piecing the mystery together.

The beginning of the book read also kind of weird to me. I know that Evie wasn’t really supposed to know what was going on either and be confused, but Luc was kind of acting like a dick to her, keeping her from going home.

Luc and Evie are really adorable though, and I ship them quite a bit. Actually, a lot more than I ship Daemon and Kat. I said what I said. He is really sweet and kind and considerate. And the fact that he didn’t want to take advantage of her when she was confused makes him a really decent guy.

My speculations for the upcoming books is that April is somehow involved with the Arum. There was a “shadow” around her when Evie looked at her picture. So I think she might be being brainwashed or getting some kind of influential powers from them. Also, I think Evie is mutating. At the end of the book, she complains about recovering from feeling like she had the flu after healing. That is totally a sign that she is mutating, just like Kat! I’m not sure if I’m really excited about her mutating though, to be honest. It was kind of refreshing to have the perspective of just a human, and not have everyone get powers left and right. But I guess it would be cool if she was a bit more powerful and could defend herself.

0 Comments