Lux #4: Origin by Jennifer L. Armentrout


Warning: there are SPOILERS in this review.

My rating: 6.5/10

Origin started off really strong, in my opinion and unfortunately just got kind of meh towards the end, despite it being increasingly more action-filled. The book starts off with Katy captured and Daemon being on a warpath trying to find his way back to her. Daedalus is obviously manipulating Katy and trying to get her on their side. And you know what? For a hot second, I genuinely though that maybe Katy was going to be turned against the Luxen and that the final fifth book would be about her and Daemon fighting and then ending up in love again. Sadly, that exciting possibility didn’t happen. But nevertheless, learning more about Daedalus, they’re creepy, twisted ideas – especially in regards with trying to get Daemon and Katy to reproduce (ew!) was still really exciting gripping.

The two of them eventually find a way to escape and while their adventure becomes more quick-paced and dangerous, I just thought that from this point onwards both Katy and Daemon’s decisions were just plain stupid and immature. First off, they decide to get married (?!). Katy is not even eighteen, case closed. I’m not even gonna explain why that’s a bad idea, moving on.

And then second of all, their absolutely fucking stupid decision at the end of the book that gets not one but three of their friends killed made me so mad. I mean, they basically just provoked an all-out war with Daedalus and don’t even feel bad about it. Argh! I feel like them saying that they “had no other choice” is just a really bad cop-out. They should have foreseen some consequences for their idiotic actions. On the plus side, I totally called Beth being pregnant.  

I don’t really have much else to say about this other than I just hope that the fifth book will end up being a bit better than this one.  

0 Comments