Lux #3: Opal by Jennifer L. Armentrout


Warning: spoilers ahead!

Overall rating: 7/10

This series is getting slightly better with each book, with Opal being my favorite out of the series so far. I don’t really have much else to say about Opal except that I did enjoy it and am excited for book  4.

The character dynamics in this book are probably my favorite thing about this series and this book, with the relationship development between Katy and Dee really breaking my heart. I really hope that eventually they can restore what had been broken because of what happened with Adam.

The only thing that I just didn’t get is Katy’s constant insecurities about Daemon and Ash in combination with her being totally fine that he isn’t saying “I love you” back to her. She seems both really chill but on the other hand freaks out at the possibility of him eating dinner with his ex and her brother. In this regard, her character just doesn’t seem super consistent.

Even though I had actually already read this book a while back, I had totally forgotten what had happened and so I was actually quite taken aback by the ending of the book. Although I should have seen it coming, I honestly thought that Blake was going to behave from now on. But then again, who the fuck should trust someone who literally was found to be sleeping in one’s bed at night (shudder)?

 


0 Comments