United by Melissa Landers



My rating: 6.5/10

I have to sadly confess that I didn’t really enjoy this last book in the series as much as I did the other two. However it was definitely a satisfying ending to the trilogy and wrapped up most of the loose ends up nicely. 

I think one of the reasons for this is that the book kind of felt like it belonged in a different genre compared to the other books. Both Alienated and Invaded focused heavily on the romantic relationship between Cara and Aelyx, as well as the mingling of the two races and the more political issues that arose from that. The third book just suddenly amped up the action by 500% and didn’t feel as laid back and slow. I don’t mind action-filled books at all, but it just wasn’t what I was expecting from the final book in this trilogy, and I would have preferred to have a stronger emphasis on the characters and their relationships. Another thing that disappointed me was how little time was spent on L’eihr. After Invaded ended with Cara and Aelyx finally together on the Colony, I was really excited to explore more of the alien planet and dig even deeper into its culture, which didn’t happen.

I don’t really have much else to say about this book, except that I was just incredibly shocked by the ending where Zane ends up giving Cara the Elixir that saves David. Honestly, I was so not expecting that one bit, and it made me incredibly happy that she got her happy ending. 


0 Comments