Queen of Air and Darkness

Wow. Cassie has done it again. Queen of Air and Darkness is the perfect conclusion to the amazing Dark Artifices. Also as a side note: boy am I so damn happy that Emma & Julian finally got their happy ending. I have to say that I was fucking terrified that this book was going to leave me in a complete mess just as Clockwork Princess did. And while I was definitely a mess of some sorts by the time I reached the 880th (!) page, this ending was definitely rounded off and gave me the happy ending I had hoped for.

I don’t even know which plot points to mention (since there were just so many shocking moments) but I’ll touch up on a few of them. Let’s start from the end though. The Cohort threatening the rest of the Shadowhunters in order for them to leave Alicante was probably the most shocking thing in my opinion (followed very closely by Julian & Emma turning into giant Nephilim!). Alicante not being the center of the Shadowhunters is truly shocking and world-shaking. I can’t even imagine how this will impact The Wicked Powers but I’m definitely hoping that eventually this massive plot twist will get resolved and that the true good Shadowhunters will be able to fight for Idris. 

I was really shocked as well when the parabatai curse was finally revealed. I was definitely not expecting Julian and Emma to suddenly grow into giants. However, a big part of me is also happy that by that happening, Emma and Julian’s parabatai curse was able to burn away, allowing them to now be happily in love. 

Speaking of luuurve. Cristina, Mark and Kieran were just absolutely adorable and I am honestly beyond happy that they were able to end up in a relationship together. I’m also super curious to see how Kieran being the Unseelie King will play out in the subsequential Shadowhunter books. I definitely hope that eventually he’ll be able to have mortal consorts  and be with Mark and Cristina in his court. 

And Ty. Oh my Lord, poor sweet Ty who now has a huge burden to carry around with him. I definitely have a feeling that him raising Livvy is going to end up having baaad consequences in The Wicked Powers. It was also incredibly heartbreaking when Kit decided to leave the Blackthorns to go live with Tess and Jem. While I am definitely happy that we are going to see more of them in the next books, I still thought it was sad that Kit decided to leave Ty. 

The one thing I don’t really know how to feel about is Thule. I generally feel a bit iffy about parallel universes existing since I feel like it adds a lot of plotholes and confusion to the general worldbuilding. However, I did still feel like the Thule plotline was very interested, especially in regards to them getting the Mortal Sword back and seeing Livvy again. And obviously from the Epilogue we can see that Thule will definitely have a role to play in The Wicked Powers. 

I am literally so excited for the next Shadowhunter Chronicles books to come out now. And while I am in a way most excited now for The Wicked Powers (because I really want to know what’s gonna happen with Ty, Kit & Co.) I am also super pumped for The Last Hours which is starting in 2019 (eep!). 



0 Comments