Legend #3: Champion - Marie Lu

Champion
Goodreads Link

Author: Marie Lu


Length: 369 pages


"He is a Legend.

She is a Prodigy.

Who will be Champion?

June and Day have sacrificed so much for the people of the Republic—and each other—and now their country is on the brink of a new existence. June is back in the good graces of the Republic, working within the government’s elite circles as Princeps-Elect, while Day has been assigned a high-level military position.

But neither could have predicted the circumstances that will reunite them: just when a peace treaty is imminent, a plague outbreak causes panic in the Colonies, and war threatens the Republic’s border cities. This new strain of plague is deadlier than ever, and June is the only one who knows the key to her country’s defense. But saving the lives of thousands will mean asking the one she loves to give up everything."




★ ★ ★ 1/2 stars



Spoilers



Likes
- The ending (it managed to get me on the Day/June ship for once)
- The cool point idea that Marie Lu integrated into Antarctica  

Dislikes
- It was still super hard to differentiate between June and Day's POV
- The plot seemed slow in the middle of the book



I'm afraid to say that Champion was in my opinion the weakest book in the series. I think the reason for that was because the plot just seemed to drag along quite a bit. I was also just a tiny bit disappointed that June didn't end up staying with Anden. I mean, I totally get that the two of them weren't exactly made to be soulmates (which apparently June and Day are *eyeroll* ).

The ending was utter perfection though and it did make me tear up quite a bit. And although I'm not the biggest June/Day shipper, I am glad that it left the readers with a sense of hope for their future relationship.

Other than that, I'm really afraid to say that not much else of the book ended up standing out to me. It seemed like a very typical dystopian-we-gotta-fight-back-and-stand-up-for-freedom type of a book so it didn't leave the biggest impression on me.

I am incredibly glad though that both Eden and Tess ended up being ok in the end. I also really hope that Tess and Eden end up together (am I the only one thinking that??). 




0 Comments